Less than 1 week before the UK release of the new Nexo Knights Lego sets and a Merlok 2.0 update has finally arrived for Android devices. It appears that Apple users don't have the update yet, but Lego will have to release the update before December 20, when the new sets are officially scheduled to be on shelves. I have heard a couple of reports that the new sets are already on sale in a few areas.
The box pictures already indicated that the Forbidden Powers would be scannable, but now, we have absolute, verified proof since the Forbidden Powers are listed in the Power Collection in the game. As I suspected, the Forbidden Powers belong to one of the 5 existing knights. There is no playable evil character.
The Power Collection has been bumped up to a whopping 323 Nexo Powers.
Here is a short list of new things in the lastest app update:
- There's a new element to the story. This will probably be the main storyline in season 3 of the cartoon. You'll find out as soon as you get the update, so I won't spoil it for you.
- 323 total Nexo Powers (I suspect that Nexo Knights will have a 3-year lifespan and during year 3 (2018), we will see a grand total of around 500 Nexo Powers).
- Forbidden Powers are mixed in with all of the other powers
- Every Nexo Power has one or more "elements" and the elements may affect the damage inflicted against certain bosses.
- Battle Suits are available
- Combo Powers are available
- All areas of Knighton are locked. You can only access the area immediately around the castle. I'm sure this will change once you play through the story enough.